Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Waiting for Something to Develope

I’m sitting in the truck with a new appreciation for digital cameras, as I wait for my film to be developed. Yes, that’s right “film.” Oh, waiting isn’t the bad part. I’ve got a good book here about Thomas Jefferson (American Sphinx) and my trusty notepad, and if all else fails there’s a crossword puzzle book in the back. The photo lady did say my pictures would be ready by noon though, and it’s pushing 12:30, but like I said it’s not the wait… it’s the cost that’s making me regret pulling the old Cannon underwater camera out of the closet to document my Honduran snorkel adventure. To develop five rolls of Advantex film, and put the pics on a CD they want over $65.00! Jeeze, I could have bought a cheap digital camera for that and put it in a ziplock baggie. Probably would have gotten better photos too. If I remember right very few of those underwater photos ever turn out anyways. Maybe I should just make a run for it, and leave the pictures behind.

1 comment:

  1. When we went snorkling, we tried one of those throw-away Kodak underwater cameras for $10. Pictures were developed and camera recycled. They turned out pretty good...not great...but better than expected.

    ReplyDelete