Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Sunday

“Are you ready for some football? ...ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?” Okay, okay, I’m getting ready. We’re heading over to a good friends annual Super Bowl party today, so it’s time to catch the fever …or fake the symptoms.

Jeannie’s in the kitchen making a double batch of her spicy Texas Star Dip, and some stuffed jalapenos. The coffee’s on and I made it back from the store just in time to turn on the pre-pre-pre-game show, and crank up the volume so we don’t miss a single nuanced word of that hypnotizing hyperbolic NFL hype. “ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?”

Maybe it’s because I waited until the last minute this year, or maybe it’s because I’m 2,000 miles from Green Bay, but I couldn’t find a single Cheese-Head® at the market this morning. How am I going to intimidate those annoying Steelers fans at the party if I’m not wearing cheese on my head? Well, don’t worry, the nice gal at the deli helped me come up with a great “plan B” and given the testosterone filled nature of America’s greatest game I think it's a winner. I bought myself a big pair of those Wisconsin Cheese Balls. Now, I’M READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!

Sit down for a minute will ya Egypt? ...we’re trying to watch a game here!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot my prediction:  Packers 35 - Steelers 10.

2 comments:

  1. Randy, You shoulda asked, I coulda sent you my cheesehead (I have cousins in Wisconsin). I didn't root for GB so they -the foam cheese triangles- stayed in the hall closet.

    ReplyDelete